Your oven and stove have a few safety features and valves that can stop them from working properly:
- Before you use the stove top, it is important to make sure that you have completed the gas start up process (bottle, fuse & taps).
- Ensure the RV is connected to 240V power or have your battery switch turned on for the spark to work.
- Ensure the top cover is fully raised as there is a safety valve located under the lid to shut off the gas.
- Make sure it is plugged into a power point.
- Ensure you are pushing down/in the knob when you are lighting the burner or oven.
The rangehood fitted in a Jayco RV operates in the same way as a household rangehood. On the front of the unit there is a touch button that controls the fan on/off and the fan speeds. The unit also has a light which is switched on at the front of the unit. Depending on your RV, the cooking fumes will be vented out the side wall or through the roof.
The unit has a filter that will need to be cleaned from time to time to maintain the best performance. The filter can be removed by squeezing the two grey clips under the front of the unit, the mesh filter will then come down at the front and can be removed. It is best to clean the filter in hot soapy water and then dry it using a towel. The filter can be refitted by lining up the two tags on the back of the filter & then re-clipping the grey clips on the front.
If you have any questions about using gas in your Jayco, please contact the Jayco
Newcastle service team Monday - Friday using the details below: